10. Headbands! Something to keep the hair back and away from the face is always awesome. If you are interested in making some for yourself or your friends, you can follow along with our stocking stuffer blog from last year here.
9. Hair ties. This goes along with the headbands, I personally have to have good quality stuff holding my hair back from my face while I run. These, available at Target are my absolute favorite. My hair is heavy and thick so I need really strong hair ties to hold everything in place.
8. Stroller Warriors gear! I admit it, I'm a SW gear junkie. I just love the team feel of our gear and am oh so proud to be a Stroller Warrior! Your local chapter will have gear orders periodically but you can also buy SW gear year-round from our website. Here's a direct link for you so you don't have to search around. We even have Christmas Stroller Warrior gear!
6. GPS watch. I personally own a Suunto and really like it. Other popular brands are Garmin and TomTom to name a few. Do your research and find one with features you like best.
5. Good running shoes. If you want to gift someone running shoes you’ll likely have to go with them to pick out a pair or give them a gift card. It’s really important for every runner to know what kind of shoes their feet need. I recommend going to a professional to get fitted. It’s important to know what kind of arches you have as well as how your foot lands when you’re running. If you happen to know what kind of shoes someone wears and you know the brand/style is a good fit for them you can order a second pair online.
3. Underarm Deodorant wipes. I recently was gifted these by a fellow warrior and not only were they perfect for my upcoming Ragnar they've become a staple in my car. It's really nice to be able to run into a store after a SW run to do a quick errant and know for a fact I'm not stinky.
2. Bracelet with medical information and/or personal information. Heaven forbid you get in a car accident or have a medical emergency while on a run, having a bracelet with the important info readily available is a great idea!
1. A self-defense class. You can never be too safe! A self-defense course will give you or your friend even more power and confidence. Check your local area for the options.
What’s on your list of great gifts for runners?