25 Things About Running the Circle
- I stepped out and decided to run instead of rowing on my back porch.
- My kids asked to scooter along during the run— hooray!
- Time for a longer run with the kids home for spring break.
- Sunshine and cool weather in Charleston, SC made for perfect running weather.
- I remember to start my Garmin.
- My dog heeled next to me during the entire run…even after watching birds, passing squirrels and several other furry friends.
- And my dog did not try to jump up and bite the leash!
- I wore the right shorts— a pair that didn’t cause chaffing.
- Luckily, I spotted the dog poop (not from my dog) on the sidewalk before stepping on it!
- There are many lovely gardens in my neighborhood.
- Successfully worked on my 360 breathing technique while running.
- I measured the loop around my neighborhood— .62 miles.
- My kids loved racing each other on their scooters while I ran.
- My running sneakers are still in good condition after bike riding in a rainstorm.
- Runners wave exchanges with fellow runners in the neighborhood.
- There were much fewer no-see-um bugs while running mid-day.
- Switching gears from running with a dog running leash attached to my waist, to using our regular leather leash and holding it with my hand. The change has offered more stability while running with the dog.
- Stop-look-listen-wait for me…my kids know and follow this pedestrian rule (it may seem like an obvious lesson all kids allow, but I have seen SO MANY kids in our neighborhood roll right into the road without stopping). Being able to do this makes for less stress!
- A neighbor trimmed their trees along the sidewalk to form an arch to walk/run through. It’s a neat aspect when running loops around the neighborhood.
- Passing my yard to grab a sip of water out of my water bottle.
- Running 4 miles.
- Walking with the kids while cooling down after a run and watching them find and collect “nature treasures”.
- My kids convincing me to do some post run strength training in the yard, which included an obstacle course!
- A new overhead squat PR.
- Cheese and crackers for a post run snack!