Read on to learn exactly how to make them. Happy sewing!
Materials you need:
- Old cammies or any fabric cut into a 2inch x 10 inch strip.1 inch Webbing cut into a 10 inch strip.
- Key fob hardware
- Sewing Machine (needle, thread)
If you would like to add names or other words (like “half crazy”) you will also need a silhouette, cricket, or other similar vinyl cutting machine. Cut the name ahead of time. The name needs to be less than 1 inch tall. I generally make the name .75 of an inch tall.
1. Cut the webbing to 1 inch and the fabric to 2 inches x 10 inches.
3. Iron the 2x10 cloth piece in half. Open the cloth piece and iron one edge to the halfway point. Repeat for the other side. See below photo for what it should look like at the end of the ironing process.
***Note, you can color coordinate your threads to match or contrast the top and bottom colors as you wish. Below is top and bottom of what the finished product should look like.***
6. Fold in half and zig-zag to secure the two pieces together along the edge at the shortest side. I like to go back and forth over it a few times. See photo below, taken after this step was completed.